Hi! I’m so glad you’re interested in bringing yoga into your life, or back into your life. It can add so much sparkle to your days. Sparkle, and calm, and the ability to leave behind the stress and find the sweetness of being.
If you book a lesson or series of sessions, I promise:
- You will feel SAFE in these sessions – at your home, we can find and set up a space to be perfect for yoga (easier then you might think!)
- You will LEARN from these sessions – how to weave yoga into many aspects of your everyday life, how to be comfortable when you take classes with a teacher, that YOU are the best yoga teacher for yourself and how to listen to that yoga teacher part of you. As well as careful coaching through poses and flows.
- You will feel CONFIDENT that you can use yoga – safely and happily – to be more peaceful, more mindful, more delighted in life.
I really want to make these sessions perfect for YOU. You’ll find a long list of topics under the video – these are all things we CAN cover in our session. If you have more topics, let me know (and I’ll add them to the list!). I won’t waltz into your home with a pre-ordained curriculum – I have basics I will always cover, but the rest of the time is dictated by YOU.
If it is an issue, I also want to heal the scars that going to a yoga class unprepared can leave. Did you feel left behind by a crazy fast sun salutation? Did the Sanskrit leave you completely befuddled? EkaPadaKapotasana… no wonder… Did you sweat puddles and pass out on your way out to the car? We can go over how to avoid these things – how to be at peace.
This class needs to be of really high value to you, so I’m including a LOT beyond our 75 minutes of contact.
You will receive:
- A yoga clarity worksheet – by determining exactly what you want to get out of yoga, both our session and all your future encounters with yoga will be much more fulfilling.
- An HD recording of our session. You’ll get a great intro to yoga you can’t forget – but also a way to make sure you won’t. (Convenient digital download, or burned to a DVD and mailed to you -or handed to you at our next session!- for $10.) If you are feeling shy about showing up on video, I also make a easy-to-follow write-ups of our lessons.
- A PDF workbook explaining… Well, just about everything non-technical I know about yoga. You’ll see the huge list of topics below the video. Those are the questions I answer, in a low-key, low-pressure way. Guilt free yoga please!
- A ten minute, twenty minute, and thirty minute class recording; gentle classes that complement your session and make it easy to fit yoga into the time you have available.
I want to help you be SO happy and SO psyched for yoga in the future. Treat yourself to a solid start to a lifetime of practice, as well as a relaxing, laugh-filled, informative series of classes. Choose an option below and/or give me a call 72o, 243… 1768. Thanks so much – and I look forward to meeting you!
Here’s a very brief look at my informative teaching style, rather then yoga poses:
I have a simple rate structure: $60/class if you’re paying class by class, or $55 when you pay for more then one class at a time. $20 per extra person.
You are very welcome in my home studio at 2609 Humboldt – AND I am more then happy to come to your home or office for lessons – preferably (for the environment) in the Downtown Denver area. A travel fee applies if you’re further away then I can bike – if you’re more then a few minutes out of downtown, give me a call and we’ll discuss the fee. (I generally go with ~$1 per minute of driving – $15 to the Highlands or Stapleton, $25 to Cherry Creek Reservoir or Golden, $35 to Boulder or Columbine)
Call or email me to set up a class, or you can book a class here – pay on paypal, visit my calendar to see when I’m open, then email or call me to set it up! (Payment for classes is by cash, check, or paypal)
Let’s do this now!
One 75 minute lesson.
This is the pay-as you go price.
In for the long haul?
Awesome! $55 per class when you pay for more then one at a time. Call me and we’ll set up a package for you.
MONSTER list of yoga topics!
-What is yoga?
- -definition – physical
- -definition – metaphysical
- -categories / aspects
- -instruction in the US
- -teacher qualifications
-Specific equipment needed
- -prop (what are props?)
- -how ‘fit’
- -how strong
- -how lean
- -how sweaty
- -past injuries and what to do about them
- -current aches/pains
-Breathing techniques (Pranayama)
- -calming breathing techniques
- -energizing breathing techniques
- -focusing breathing techniques
- -breathing while exerting yourself
- -breathing loudly
-Specific yoga postures (Asana)
- -Posture categories
- -Tadasana – mountain, standing pose
- -Relaxing home postures
- -Energizing postures for the home
- -Sun Salutations – what/how
- -Core strengthening postures
- -Any posture you have questions on
-Home practice basics
- -Setting up your space
- -Setting an intention
- -Warm-up / getting focused
- -Savasana – the most important pose!
- -Keeping it interesting
-Studio yoga classes
- -how to choose a class
- -what to bring
- -when to arrive
- -what to expect – space, payment, etc
- -what to tell the instructor
- -when to push yourself vs. chill
- -how to leave gracefully
-Philosophy of yoga
- -A brief history of yoga
- -yoga in the western world
- -types of yoga (and where in Denver!)
- -Chakra system
- -Ayurveda overview
- -Mind/body integration
- -Other Limbs of Yoga – bhakti, etc…
-Bringing yoga into your life
- -What is the best time to do yoga
- -When you can do yoga everyday
- -Carving out a routine for yoga in life
- -Everyday moments – cooking, self-care
- -Resources to get you started with yoga
- -How to create an exciting home practice
- -What to do when you don’t feel like it
- -What to do after a long break from yoga
-Resources for yoga
- -private yoga consultations
- -yoga studios
- -yoga online
- -yoga DVDs
- -yoga retreats
What are your HOPES for yoga – what do you want yoga to get you?
- -Calm Mind
- -Healthy Body
- -Fitter Body
- -Leaner Body
- -Bendy-er Body
- -Happier Body
- -More Beautiful Body
- -a happier new year
- -inner clarity
- -a new sense of connection to yourself
- -a new sense of connection to the best version of yourself
- -spiritual awareness
- -knowledge of an ancient culture
- -a connection to an ancient tradition
- -great endorphins
- -a more graceful approach to life (mentally)
- -a more graceful life (physically)
- -a sense of pride in your body’s ability
- -a new connection to the ongoing cycle of breath
- -a way to calm yourself in tense situations
- -a way to bring more joy into every part of your life.
What are your CONCERNS about yoga – what gremlins start talking when you think about yoga? (Don’t read this list too hard – no gremlins are suggested! I just want to help you with your real concerns)
- -I won’t be good at it
- -I won’t be as good at it as everyone else
- -I will stick out in classes
- -I will hurt myself
- -I won’t be prepared
- -I won’t be comfortable with the teacher
- -I resent the authority a teacher represents
- -My clothes will rip and everyone will laugh at me
- -I’ll pop out of my clothes (and everyone will laugh at me)
- -I’m not a vegetarian
- -I’m not cool / fit / bendy / trendy / religious / spiritual / relaxed / type A enough… I’m not enough!
- -I’ll spend a gazillion dollars on yoga supplies
- -Going to a yoga studio is like joining a cult!
- -Doing yoga will make me less of a Christian.
- -I will do yoga and not improve.
- -I will feel weird at a yoga class.
- -I might waste my money going to a yoga class I don’t like.
- -Everyone else will get awesome benefits from yoga and I won’t get any – it won’t work for me!
- -The teacher will go to fast and I’ll get left behind.
- -I’ll be exhausted by a yoga class.
- -I’m too old for yoga
- -I too recently had a baby to do yoga
- -I don’t have time to do yoga
- -I don’t have the willpower to do yoga
- -I won’t ever learn the sanskrit.
- -I don’t know what sanskrit is.
- -Don’t they like, sing and stuff in yoga class? Weirdos.